The system was created as a new platform for investors to place orders conveniently in a fast and secure manner. Using the MTS, investors can place orders from anywhere via their smart devices when connected to the internet.
The system was soft-launched on June 25, 2018, and officially launched the following year on May 5, 2019.
The MTS is available to investors via the CSX’s 10-member securities firms.
The CSX has waived any fee for the system’s use since its soft launch but that special offer ended in May this year.
The CSX said that the extension of free access to the platform will be in place until May 5, 2022.
“The decision to extend the offering of the MTS platform free of charge came from our desire to reduce the costs borne by securities firms as well as investors in this time of crisis,” said Ha Jong Weon, vice-chairman and chief operations officer of the CSX.
He said the CSX firmly believes that this decision will continue to provide ease and convenience to investors and further enhance the trading of equity securities in the CSX.
Ha added that [investors] now only pay for brokerage commission fees, which are very low, and range from 0.5 percent to 0.55 percent (of trading value). He reiterated that usage of the MTS platform is free of charge.
By the end of the third quarter of 2020, 10,030 MTS accounts had been activated. The number of orders placed with the CSX using the MTS platform accounted for 96.77 percent of all orders, with those placed directly through brokers accounting for the remaining 3.23 percent.