Saturday, August 30, 2025
Khmer Daily Cambodia News
34 °c
Phnom Penh
  • LATEST
  • CAMBODIA
  • ASIA
    • JAPAN
    • SOUTH KOREA
    • TAIWAN
  • WORLD
    • CHINA
    • RUSSIA
  • BUSINESS CAMBODIA
  • TECHNOLOGY
No Result
View All Result
  • LATEST
  • CAMBODIA
  • ASIA
    • JAPAN
    • SOUTH KOREA
    • TAIWAN
  • WORLD
    • CHINA
    • RUSSIA
  • BUSINESS CAMBODIA
  • TECHNOLOGY
No Result
View All Result
The Khmer Daily
No Result
View All Result
Home ASIA South Korea

South Korean football club left deflated after sex doll gaffe

May 19, 2020
in ASIA, South Korea, Sports
0
South Korean football club left deflated after sex doll gaffe
0
SHARES
30
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

SEOUL – South Korean football club FC Seoul have apologised after they used sex dolls instead of mannequins to fill seats during a K League match at their empty stadium on Sunday.

Seoul’s match against Gwangju was being played without spectators due to ongoing measures to combat the Covid-19 pandemic.

Some of the dolls had been dressed in the club’s uniform while others were holding placards supporting the team, but fans watching the match on television immediately took to social media to raise doubts about the inflatable spectators.

“Just look at their breasts, they were four times bigger than those of normal mannequins,” one fan wrote on the club’s official Instagram account.

The club issued a statement on Monday saying the supplier had told them the dolls were not “adult products” but apologised for failing to check.

“We wanted to bring some fun elements to the no-fans game and give the message that we can overcome this difficult period,” it said.

“We had confirmed that the mannequins were made as if they were real but had nothing to do with adult products.

“But the problem was we failed to make detailed checks, which is our fault without a doubt.”

The apology cut little ice with shocked fans.

One fan wrote that it was “so obvious” they were sex dolls and that it had undermined FC Seoul’s efforts “to show games for all the family”.

The manufacturer of the dolls, Dalcom, was not available for comment. Calls seeking comment from the K League were unanswered.

The incident will come as a setback for the K League, which is enjoying a profile like never before as one of the only top-flight soccer leagues active during the pandemic.

Broadcasters from 10 countries, mostly in Asia and Europe, have bought rights for the season.

This article was first published in Asia One . All contents and images are copyright to their respective owners and sources.

Tags: #coronavirus#Football matches
Previous Post

Cambodia Kampot Pepper has now been stymied because of COVID-19

Next Post

Taiwan leader Tsai Ing-wen’s office targeted in suspected cyberattack

Related Posts

Thai soldiers encounter landmines in former Cambodian battlefield for the second time

Thai soldiers encounter landmines in former Cambodian battlefield for the second time

by Khmer Times
July 25, 2025
0
40

On July 23, a Thai soldier lost his leg and several others sustained injuries after triggering a landmine while patrolling...

Cambodia dismisses Thai accusations of planting new landmines

Cambodia dismisses Thai accusations of planting new landmines

by Khmer Times
July 25, 2025
0
28

Cambodia dismisses Thai accusations of planting new landmines, causing injuries to five soldiers. Maly Socheata, undersecretary of state at Cambodia's...

Thailand has intensified its diplomatic with Cambodia following a second landmine incident

Thailand has intensified its diplomatic with Cambodia following a second landmine incident

by Khmer Times
July 25, 2025
0
17

Following a second landmine incident, Thailand has intensified diplomatic tensions with Cambodia, choosing to recall its ambassador and expel Cambodia's...

Most Popular

Thai soldiers encounter landmines in former Cambodian battlefield for the second time

Thai soldiers encounter landmines in former Cambodian battlefield for the second time

July 25, 2025
40
Wrapped in blanket, dumped in pond: Top South Korean livestreamer found dead in Cambodia

Wrapped in blanket, dumped in pond: Top South Korean livestreamer found dead in Cambodia

June 14, 2023
148
Cambodia dismisses Thai accusations of planting new landmines

Cambodia dismisses Thai accusations of planting new landmines

July 25, 2025
28
Rare earth elements discovered on Gossan Hills prospects in Cambodia, says Angkor Resources

Rare earth elements discovered on Gossan Hills prospects in Cambodia, says Angkor Resources

November 17, 2021
91
Prince Manor Resort in Cambodia, built at a cost of $85 million, launched

Prince Manor Resort in Cambodia, built at a cost of $85 million, launched

October 10, 2020
80
Cambodia’s first glove manufacturing factory, RMKH Glove (Cambodia), launches production operation in Bavet

Cambodia’s first glove manufacturing factory, RMKH Glove (Cambodia), launches production operation in Bavet

October 3, 2022
100

© 2020 By Khmer Daily News

error: Content is protected !!
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Latest
  • Cambodia
  • ASIA
  • World
  • Business
  • Tech

© 2019 The Khmer Daily.