Friday, August 29, 2025
Khmer Daily Cambodia News
34 °c
Phnom Penh
  • LATEST
  • CAMBODIA
  • ASIA
    • JAPAN
    • SOUTH KOREA
    • TAIWAN
  • WORLD
    • CHINA
    • RUSSIA
  • BUSINESS CAMBODIA
  • TECHNOLOGY
No Result
View All Result
  • LATEST
  • CAMBODIA
  • ASIA
    • JAPAN
    • SOUTH KOREA
    • TAIWAN
  • WORLD
    • CHINA
    • RUSSIA
  • BUSINESS CAMBODIA
  • TECHNOLOGY
No Result
View All Result
The Khmer Daily
No Result
View All Result
Home ASIA Japan

Mickey Mouse fans ‘over the moon’ as Tokyo Disney reopens

July 3, 2020
in ASIA, Japan
0
Mickey Mouse fans ‘over the moon’ as Tokyo Disney reopens
0
SHARES
9
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

TOKYO – Tokyo Disney Resort welcomed visitors on Wednesday (July 1) for the first time in four months after being closed due to the coronavirus, with fans practicing social distance as they returned to see Mickey Mouse and other beloved characters.

Visitors in face masks queuing on floor marks clapped as the gates of the Magic Kingdom reopened, and were encouraged to clean hands, pay without cash and avoid screaming while enjoying one of Japan’s largest theme parks.

The resort will operate at a 50 per cent capacity for the foreseeable future, while parades and shows remain suspended.

But the new norm did not dampen the enthusiasm of Disney lovers like university student Momoka Mitsui.

“I’m over the moon just to be able to get inside Disneyland,” said the 18-year old who visited the park with a friend, both sporting face masks and matching Mickey Mouse headbands.

Tokyo, which has seen the highest number of coronavirus cases in Japan, allowed amusement parks to reopen in mid-June – later than those in some other regions – after the government lifted the national state of emergency in late May.

Other precautions being taken to protect against the disease at the park include temperature screening and the mandatory use of face masks, according to operations procedures published on the Tokyo Disney Resort’s website last week.

Staff members are also asking guests to refrain from screaming loudly on rides, in accordance with guidelines first published by Japan’s main amusement park associations in May.

Masahiko Endo, a 37-year-old care worker from Tokyo, said he agreed with the decision to limit the number of guests entering the park located some 15km away from central Tokyo.

“I hope the pandemic will be contained soon, so that Disney can go back to being a place anyone can visit,” he said, clinching a Duffy the Disney Bear toy.

Tokyo Disney Resort, consisting of both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, is the third Disney-themed park globally to reopen following the coronavirus pandemic, according to operator Oriental Land.

It attracted over 32.5 million visitors annually in 2018 and had sales of 437 billion yen (S$5.7 billion) in fiscal 2019.

This article was first published in Asia One . All contents and images are copyright to their respective owners and sources.

Tags: #coronavirus#COVID-19#Disneyland#Theme parksJapanshow all tags
Previous Post

Britain to give millions of Hongkongers residency rights and path to citizenship after national security law passed

Next Post

Indonesian province declares state of emergency over forest fires

Related Posts

Thai soldiers encounter landmines in former Cambodian battlefield for the second time

Thai soldiers encounter landmines in former Cambodian battlefield for the second time

by Khmer Times
July 25, 2025
0
38

On July 23, a Thai soldier lost his leg and several others sustained injuries after triggering a landmine while patrolling...

Cambodia dismisses Thai accusations of planting new landmines

Cambodia dismisses Thai accusations of planting new landmines

by Khmer Times
July 25, 2025
0
28

Cambodia dismisses Thai accusations of planting new landmines, causing injuries to five soldiers. Maly Socheata, undersecretary of state at Cambodia's...

Thailand has intensified its diplomatic with Cambodia following a second landmine incident

Thailand has intensified its diplomatic with Cambodia following a second landmine incident

by Khmer Times
July 25, 2025
0
17

Following a second landmine incident, Thailand has intensified diplomatic tensions with Cambodia, choosing to recall its ambassador and expel Cambodia's...

Most Popular

Thai soldiers encounter landmines in former Cambodian battlefield for the second time

Thai soldiers encounter landmines in former Cambodian battlefield for the second time

July 25, 2025
38
Wrapped in blanket, dumped in pond: Top South Korean livestreamer found dead in Cambodia

Wrapped in blanket, dumped in pond: Top South Korean livestreamer found dead in Cambodia

June 14, 2023
148
Rare earth elements discovered on Gossan Hills prospects in Cambodia, says Angkor Resources

Rare earth elements discovered on Gossan Hills prospects in Cambodia, says Angkor Resources

November 17, 2021
91
Cambodia dismisses Thai accusations of planting new landmines

Cambodia dismisses Thai accusations of planting new landmines

July 25, 2025
28
Prince Manor Resort in Cambodia, built at a cost of $85 million, launched

Prince Manor Resort in Cambodia, built at a cost of $85 million, launched

October 10, 2020
78
Cambodia white sugar production hits 102,000 tonnes a year

Cambodia white sugar production hits 102,000 tonnes a year

December 4, 2020
71

© 2020 By Khmer Daily News

error: Content is protected !!
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Latest
  • Cambodia
  • ASIA
  • World
  • Business
  • Tech

© 2019 The Khmer Daily.