Saturday, August 30, 2025
Khmer Daily Cambodia News
34 °c
Phnom Penh
  • LATEST
  • CAMBODIA
  • ASIA
    • JAPAN
    • SOUTH KOREA
    • TAIWAN
  • WORLD
    • CHINA
    • RUSSIA
  • BUSINESS CAMBODIA
  • TECHNOLOGY
No Result
View All Result
  • LATEST
  • CAMBODIA
  • ASIA
    • JAPAN
    • SOUTH KOREA
    • TAIWAN
  • WORLD
    • CHINA
    • RUSSIA
  • BUSINESS CAMBODIA
  • TECHNOLOGY
No Result
View All Result
The Khmer Daily
No Result
View All Result
Home World US

Russia warns U.S. “unpredictable consequences” after Biden approved $800 million worth of arms to Ukraine

April 17, 2022
in Politics, Russia, Ukraine, US, World
0
Russia warns U.S. “unpredictable consequences” after Biden approved $800 million worth of arms to Ukraine
0
SHARES
12
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Russia has sent a formal diplomatic note to the Biden administration warning the U.S. against further arming Ukraine, two officials tell CBS News.

The note, sent to the State Department, revealed Moscow’s irritation with President Biden’s decision to continue to approve arms transfers as the conflict shifts to eastern Ukraine. It used the same type of language Russia has been using for some time to object to Western efforts to bolster the Ukrainian military against the invading Russian forces.

Secretary of State Antony Blinken has previously described the strategy as part of a plan to increase Kyiv’s leverage at the negotiating table, in an effort to eventually find a negotiated end to the conflict. The Washington Post first reported the diplomatic note from Russia to the U.S., and quoted Russian officials as saying the weapons shipments could bring “unpredictable consequences.”

The note comes as President Biden approved this week an expansion of the type of military assistance that the U.S. provides to Ukraine, including $800 million worth of arms including artillery such as medium-range howitzers that can prove useful in this next phase of the conflict in eastern Ukraine.

“We won’t confirm any private diplomatic correspondence,” the State Department said in a statement to CBS News. “What we can confirm is that, along with allies and partners, we are providing Ukraine with billions of dollars worth of security assistance, which our Ukrainian partners are using to extraordinary effect to defend their country against Russia’s unprovoked aggression and horrific acts of violence.”

The U.S. has provided a total of $2 billion in military assistance to Ukraine since President Biden took office, according to the White House. The most recent round of assistance this week includes 800 Stinger anti-aircraft missiles and 2,000 Javelins, and 155-mm howitzers, an improvement to Ukraine’s long-range artillery that will help them go toe-to-toe with Russia. Last month, Congress approved $13 billion in security assistance to Ukraine, which the White House may continue to tap into for further aid allocations.

“You know, we won’t be able to advertise every piece of security we give because our allies and partners are supplying to Ukraine through us, but advanced weapons and ammunition are flowing in every single day,” Mr. Biden said last week during a speech to North America’s Building Trades Unions Legislative Conference.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy told CNN in an interview Friday that the world should be prepared for the possibility that Russian President Vladimir Putin could use tactical nuclear weapons against Ukraine. Russia has now been at war in Ukraine for 50 days.

A senior defense official confirmed the Russian cruiser Moskva that sunk in the Black Sea was struck by two Neptune anti-ship missiles fired by the Ukrainians. The sinking of the flagship vessel is significant for Ukraine.

This article was first published in CBS News . All contents and images are copyright to their respective owners and sources.

Tags: #Russia-Ukraine conflict#UkraineRussiaRussia war in Ukrainewar in Ukraine
Previous Post

Why Cambodia delays Capital Gains Tax to 2024? Who will benefit from the postponement?

Next Post

Thai rebels excluded from talks take responsibility for Ramadan bombings which killed one and injured three

Related Posts

Thai soldiers encounter landmines in former Cambodian battlefield for the second time

Thai soldiers encounter landmines in former Cambodian battlefield for the second time

by Khmer Times
July 25, 2025
0
38

On July 23, a Thai soldier lost his leg and several others sustained injuries after triggering a landmine while patrolling...

Cambodia dismisses Thai accusations of planting new landmines

Cambodia dismisses Thai accusations of planting new landmines

by Khmer Times
July 25, 2025
0
28

Cambodia dismisses Thai accusations of planting new landmines, causing injuries to five soldiers. Maly Socheata, undersecretary of state at Cambodia's...

Italy to pass ‘right to be forgotten’ law for cancer survivors

Italy to pass ‘right to be forgotten’ law for cancer survivors

by AsiaOne
June 15, 2023
0
28

ROME — Italy will pass a law on the "right to be forgotten" (RTBF) for cancer survivors, Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni...

Most Popular

Thai soldiers encounter landmines in former Cambodian battlefield for the second time

Thai soldiers encounter landmines in former Cambodian battlefield for the second time

July 25, 2025
38
Wrapped in blanket, dumped in pond: Top South Korean livestreamer found dead in Cambodia

Wrapped in blanket, dumped in pond: Top South Korean livestreamer found dead in Cambodia

June 14, 2023
148
Cambodia dismisses Thai accusations of planting new landmines

Cambodia dismisses Thai accusations of planting new landmines

July 25, 2025
28
Rare earth elements discovered on Gossan Hills prospects in Cambodia, says Angkor Resources

Rare earth elements discovered on Gossan Hills prospects in Cambodia, says Angkor Resources

November 17, 2021
91
Prince Manor Resort in Cambodia, built at a cost of $85 million, launched

Prince Manor Resort in Cambodia, built at a cost of $85 million, launched

October 10, 2020
78
Cambodia’s first glove manufacturing factory, RMKH Glove (Cambodia), launches production operation in Bavet

Cambodia’s first glove manufacturing factory, RMKH Glove (Cambodia), launches production operation in Bavet

October 3, 2022
100

© 2020 By Khmer Daily News

error: Content is protected !!
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Latest
  • Cambodia
  • ASIA
  • World
  • Business
  • Tech

© 2019 The Khmer Daily.