Saturday, February 21, 2026
Khmer Daily Cambodia News
34 °c
Phnom Penh
  • LATEST
  • CAMBODIA
  • ASIA
    • JAPAN
    • SOUTH KOREA
    • TAIWAN
  • WORLD
    • CHINA
    • RUSSIA
  • BUSINESS CAMBODIA
  • TECHNOLOGY
No Result
View All Result
  • LATEST
  • CAMBODIA
  • ASIA
    • JAPAN
    • SOUTH KOREA
    • TAIWAN
  • WORLD
    • CHINA
    • RUSSIA
  • BUSINESS CAMBODIA
  • TECHNOLOGY
No Result
View All Result
The Khmer Daily
No Result
View All Result
Home World US

Biden administration announces $1 billion in new U.S. military aid to Ukraine

August 9, 2022
in Ukraine, US, World
0
Biden administration announces $1 billion in new U.S. military aid to Ukraine
0
SHARES
9
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Washington — The Biden administration announced Monday it is sending $1 billion in new military assistance to Ukraine, marking what the Pentagon said is the largest package of arms and equipment from its inventories since Russia’s invasion more than five months ago.

The shipment of weapons and equipment will include more ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS), 1,000 Javelin anti-tank missiles, anti-armor systems, mortar systems and tens of thousands of artillery ammunition, as well as 50 armored medical treatment vehicles and medical supplies, the Pentagon said.

The latest delivery of arms from the Defense Department brings the total amount of U.S. security aid to Ukraine to $9.8 billion since President Biden took office last year, including more than $9 billion since Russia invaded Ukraine in late February.

“These are all critical capabilities to help the Ukrainians repel the Russian offensive in the east and also to address evolving developments in the south and elsewhere,” Colin Kahl, undersecretary of defense for policy, said during a press briefing at the Pentagon.

A Ukrainian commander shows the rockets on a HIMARS vehicle in eastern Ukraine on July 1, 2022.
A Ukrainian commander shows the rockets on a HIMARS vehicle in eastern Ukraine on July 1, 2022.​Anastasia Vlasova for The Washington Post via Getty Images

Secretary of State Antony Blinken reiterated in a statement that the U.S. stands “united with Ukraine” and praised the efforts of Ukrainian forces in continuing to fight back against Russia’s aggression.

“As this war stretches on, the courage and strength of Ukraine’s military and its people become even more evident and even more extraordinary,” he said. “Together, we will continue to consult closely with Ukraine and surge additional available systems and capabilities carefully calibrated to make a difference on the battlefield and strengthen Ukraine’s eventual position at the negotiating table.”

Military and local officials in Ukraine said Russian forces on Saturday launched an assault on two key cities in the Donetsk region in the country’s east and have continued rocket and shelling attacks on other cities.

More than 5,400 civilians in Ukraine have been killed and another 7,400 injured since the start of the war, according to the United Nations human rights office.

This article was first published in CBS News . All contents and images are copyright to their respective owners and sources.

Tags: #Russia-Ukraine conflict#UkraineUS
Previous Post

Biden stands with Muslims after ‘horrific killings’ in New Mexico

Next Post

Ukraine and Russia accuse each other of shelling Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant as more grain ships from Odesa

Related Posts

Italy to pass ‘right to be forgotten’ law for cancer survivors

Italy to pass ‘right to be forgotten’ law for cancer survivors

by AsiaOne
June 15, 2023
0
44

ROME — Italy will pass a law on the "right to be forgotten" (RTBF) for cancer survivors, Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni...

Bill Gates in China: Microsoft co-founder to meet Xi Jinping

Bill Gates in China: Microsoft co-founder to meet Xi Jinping

by AsiaOne
June 15, 2023
0
57

HONG KONG — Bill Gates, Microsoft Corp's co-founder, is set to meet Chinese President Xi Jinping on Friday (June 16) during his...

US judge temporarily blocks Microsoft acquisition of Activision

US judge temporarily blocks Microsoft acquisition of Activision

by AsiaOne
June 15, 2023
0
42

WASHINGTON - A US judge late on Tuesday (June 13) granted the Federal Trade Commission's (FTC) request to temporarily block Microsoft...

Most Popular

PTT (Cambodia) Ltd launches three EV charging stations in Cambodia

PTT (Cambodia) Ltd launches three EV charging stations in Cambodia

March 4, 2023
115
Coffee culture rakes in $50 million annually for Cambodia

Coffee culture rakes in $50 million annually for Cambodia

February 4, 2022
94

WING Bank Cambodia – A bank for every Cambodian, from dreams to reality

March 19, 2022
49
Coffee Shop in Cambodia finds a new way to survive in Cambodia market

Coffee Shop in Cambodia finds a new way to survive in Cambodia market

July 20, 2020
223
Ukraine says tens of thousands killed in Mariupol, accuses Russia of torture and executions

Ukraine says tens of thousands killed in Mariupol, accuses Russia of torture and executions

April 12, 2022
18
Cambodia white sugar production hits 102,000 tonnes a year

Cambodia white sugar production hits 102,000 tonnes a year

December 4, 2020
84

© 2020 By Khmer Daily News

error: Content is protected !!
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Latest
  • Cambodia
  • ASIA
  • World
  • Business
  • Tech

© 2019 The Khmer Daily.